The Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy has been blessed with many wonderful volunteers over the years - whom we count on because we have such a small staff.
Social justice is a group activity - we can’t be effective on our own. Volunteer with us today!
There are many ways to volunteer:
...during the General Assembly:
- Become a Witness at the Capitol.
- Join our Social Media Team.
- Participate in our Day for All People Advocacy Day every January.
...in your congregation:
- Serve as a liaison. Learn more about becoming a VICPP faith influencer.
- Organize letter-writing events.
- Invite our staff to speak to your congregation or small group.
- Encourage people to register to vote and to vote. Learn more about our civic engagement work here.
...in your community:
- Join or form a regional chapter.
- Join our Living Wage Certification Committees in Richmond, Northern Virginia, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg-Rockingham, or join us in supporting Statewide certification.
- Organize a meeting with your Delegate or Senator about VICPP’s priority issues. We'll help you prepare, provide resources, and we'll even go with you when possible!
- Volunteer to help with administrative and office tasks (data entry, mailings, outreach, translation, etc.)
- Help with our events (which, in the past, have included the Days for All People, Annual Awards Celebration fundraiser, statewide days of action, prayer vigils, and more).
- Record videos and take photos and audio clips for our campaigns.
AND MORE! Reach out to find out more!